Обсуждение: Problem with SGT (Singapore) timezone

Problem with SGT (Singapore) timezone

От
Abhishek Mishra
Дата:
Hi Folks,

I am using postgresql version 8.1.2. On using the SGT time zone on my
machine, I get following error:

ERROR:
invalid input syntax for type timestamp: "Tue Jan 15 04:09:43.729011
2008 SGT"

Could anyone please tell me any known issue in using SGT timezone. It
works well if I use GMT timezone.

Please tell me if anything could be done to support SGT.

Kind Regards,
-Abhishek Mishra

Re: Problem with SGT (Singapore) timezone

Дата:
Abhishek Mishra <abhishek.mishra@globallogic.com> writes:
> I am using postgresql version 8.1.2. On using the SGT time zone on my
> machine, I get following error:

> ERROR:
> invalid input syntax for type timestamp: "Tue Jan 15 04:09:43.729011
> 2008 SGT"

8.1 has a hard-wired list of timezone abbreviations, and "SGT" isn't in it.

In 8.2 and later the list of abbreviations is configurable, see
timezone_abbreviations.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Problem with SGT (Singapore) timezone

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 2:45 AM, Abhishek Mishra
<abhishek.mishra@globallogic.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
>  I am using postgresql version 8.1.2. On using the SGT time zone on my
>  machine, I get following error:

On top of what Tom said, you need to update to the latest 8.1.x
PostgreSQL has its own timezone db built in, and updating to the
latest minor version is how to keep it up to date, normally.

Also, there are some nasty bugs that far back in the 8.1 line if I
remember correctly.