Обсуждение: howto restore from pg_dumpall

howto restore from pg_dumpall

От
"Marc Fromm"
Дата:
When I restore from a pg_dumpall file, I am required to peform the following steps or else all the records in the
databsesare duplicated.  If I only empty the data/base folder I get al sorts of errors. I find in necessary to wipe the
entiredata folder and rebuild it with initdb. Is there a better way to restore using a pg_dumpall file then doing all
thesesteps:

        *    stop postmaster service
        *    delete everything in the data folder (var/lib/pgsql/data)
        *    as postgres user run initdb
        *    exit postgres user
        *    psql -U postgres -f pg_dumpall_file postgres

thansk

Re: howto restore from pg_dumpall

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Marc Fromm wrote:
> When I restore from a pg_dumpall file, I am required to peform the
> following steps or else all the records in the databses are duplicated.  If
> I only empty the data/base folder I get al sorts of errors.

You may find the pg_dumpall --clean option useful, so the dump file is set up
in a way that cleans out its predecessor objects automatically.  Otherwise
you will have to find your own to way clean up before restoring.