Обсуждение: how do I get table DDL from psql (not from pg_dump)

how do I get table DDL from psql (not from pg_dump)

От
"Sofer, Yuval"

Hi

I need to extract table DDL (create script) from database connection (using sql, by retrieving system table info or by activating some pg function)

Is this possible in postgres?

Please help

Thanks

Yuval Sofer
BMC Software
CTM&D Business Unit

DBA Team
972-52-4286-282
yuval_sofer@bmc.com

Re: how do I get table DDL from psql (not from pg_dump)

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 05:21:08AM -0600, Sofer, Yuval wrote:
> I need to extract table DDL (create script) from database connection
> (using sql, by retrieving system table info or by activating some pg
> function)

pg_dump -s does this.  See the manual for more details on the switches.

Re: how do I get table DDL from psql (not from pg_dump)

От
Lew
Дата:
A. Kretschmer wrote:
> am  Wed, dem 27.02.2008, um  5:22:33 -0600 mailte Sofer, Yuval folgendes:
>> Hi
>>

>> I need to extract table DDL (create script) from database connection (using
>> sql, by retrieving system table info or by activating some pg function)
>>

>> Is this possible in postgres?
>
> Why not using pg_dump?
>
> You can specify with -n and -t an arbitrary table and with -s you get
> only the DDL, not the data.

The "-s" option has come up as an answer to both multi-posted instances of
this question.

--
Lew