Обсуждение: PG 8.2 change Letter Sort Order

PG 8.2 change Letter Sort Order

От
jkohlmeier@pronet-systeme.de
Дата:
Hello Group,

I have a Database for German Text using UTF-8 and want to change the sort order of Letters.

Creation Database:
initdb  -E UTF-8 --locale=de_DE.UTF-8 --lc-collate=de_DE.UTF-8 --lc-ctype=de_DE.UTF-8 -D DBPath

The Sort set with --lc-collate=de_DE.UTF-8 was not the right Sort Order ( ß=>ä=>aa=>äb). I need a sort where ß==ss and ä ==ae.
Is there an over Value for lc_collate who changes the Sort Order? (de_DE.ISO8859-1,C,POSIX dosent change it correctly
Or can i change the Sort Orders in Postgresqls Config Files? I havent found the correct ones

OS:
Solaris 10
PG 8.2

Thanks for Help

Jens

Re: PG 8.2 change Letter Sort Order

От
Michael Monnerie
Дата:
On Dienstag, 5. Februar 2008 jkohlmeier@pronet-systeme.de wrote:
> I need a sort where ß==ss and ä ==ae.

If you find a solution, I would be interested, too.

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0676/846 914 666                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                   Key-ID: 1C1209B4

Вложения

Re: PG 8.2 change Letter Sort Order

Дата:
Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@it-management.at> writes:
> On Dienstag, 5. Februar 2008 jkohlmeier@pronet-systeme.de wrote:
>> I need a sort where �==ss and � ==ae.

> If you find a solution, I would be interested, too.

What you'd need is a locale definition that acts that way.

If that is a common understanding of the meaning of sorting in German,
I'd imagine someone has made one up --- but a PG list is the wrong place
to be asking about it.  We just use the operating system's locale
facilities, we don't write our own.  You'd want to find some libc or
libintl hackers ...

            regards, tom lane