Обсуждение: Vacuum Doesn't Recover Disk Space

Vacuum Doesn't Recover Disk Space

От
"j a"
Дата:
I have a large table that I remove around 10m rows from every 2 months. I try running Vacuum Full w/Analyze (both boxes checked in PG Admin), but the disk space is never returned to the system. Any way I can force this?

I'm running 7.4 on CentOS4.3

Re: Vacuum Doesn't Recover Disk Space

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On 11/6/07, j a <inboundfilter@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a large table that I remove around 10m rows from every 2 months. I
> try running Vacuum Full w/Analyze (both boxes checked in PG Admin), but the
> disk space is never returned to the system. Any way I can force this?
>
> I'm running 7.4 on CentOS4.3

You likely have index bloat.  try reindexing.

Re: Vacuum Doesn't Recover Disk Space

От
"j a"
Дата:
Thanks for the tip. I probably should've waited for vacuum to actually
finish instead of cancelling it prematurely (thinking PG Admin was
finished).