Обсуждение: postgres8.3 and libxml2

postgres8.3 and libxml2

От
"Mohamed Yassin Eltabakh"
Дата:
Hello,

Sorry for bothering you, but I thought you might help me.

I'm installing Postgres8.3 under windows XP (having Cygwin to simulate unix
environment).

==When I install postgres without libxml2, everything works fine. I use:
./configure --prefix=/cygdrive/c/PostgresInstallation/pgsql --enable-debug --enable-cassert
 --enable-depend CFLAGS="-O0"

make; make install

==However, when I include the libxml2-2.6.26  in the configuration, it
compiles and install without erros. I use:

./configure --prefix=/cygdrive/c/PostgresInstallation/pgsql
--with-includes=/cygdrive/c/PostgresInstallation/libxml/include/
 --with-libraries=/cygdrive/c/PostgresInstallation//libxml/lib --with-libxml
 --enable-debug --enable-cassert --enable-depend CFLAGS="-O0"

make ; make install

 But when I try to "initdb" it gives me the following error:

The program "postgres" is needed by "initdb" but was not found in the same
directory as "/cygdrive/c/PostgresInstallation/pgsql/bin/initdb" Check your
installation.

== Many people say this problem is a permission problem over
"postgres.exe"!! I checked the permissions, it seems okay. Also it works
without including libxml2 in the installation!!

Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks for your time and help

Re: postgres8.3 and libxml2

Дата:
"Mohamed Yassin Eltabakh" <meltabak@cs.purdue.edu> writes:
>  But when I try to "initdb" it gives me the following error:

> The program "postgres" is needed by "initdb" but was not found in the same
> directory as "/cygdrive/c/PostgresInstallation/pgsql/bin/initdb" Check your
> installation.

What happens if you try "postgres -V" by hand?

            regards, tom lane

Re: postgres8.3 and libxml2

Дата:
"Mohamed Yassin Eltabakh" <meltabak@cs.purdue.edu> writes:
>> What happens if you try "postgres -V" by hand?

> The response is nothing (empty). No version number appears.

Well, that's why initdb is not happy, but the next question is why
linking in libxml2 breaks postgres that thoroughly.  No idea on
that one, I'm afraid you'll have to try to get some cygwin experts
involved ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: postgres8.3 and libxml2

От
"Mohamed Yassin Eltabakh"
Дата:
The response is nothing (empty). No version number appears.

Thanks