Обсуждение: Delete COLUMN data

Delete COLUMN data

От
smiley2211
Дата:
Hello all,

I need to DELETE all the DATA from 3 columns in my table...what is the BEST
way to handle this???  I don't want to DROP the columns just clear out ALL
the data in those 3 fields...

Thanks...Michelle

Re: Delete COLUMN data

От
"Sattler, Thomas \(IT\)"
How about:

UPDATE table_name SET column1 = NULL, column2 = NULL, column3 = NULL

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or
privilege.Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.

Re: Delete COLUMN data

От
"Igor Neyman"
Дата:
It is called "update":

UPDATE <table_name> SET <column1> = NULL, <column2> = NULL, <column2> =
NULL;

I need to DELETE all the DATA from 3 columns in my table...what is the
BEST way to handle this???  I don't want to DROP the columns just clear
out ALL the data in those 3 fields...

Thanks...Michelle

       match

Re: Delete COLUMN data

От
smiley2211
Дата:
hmmm...

I was just thinking...maybe using UPDATE to NULL field value would be an
option....

Update tblname set field1 = NULL;

Thanks...Michelle

smiley2211 wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I need to DELETE all the DATA from 3 columns in my table...what is the
> BEST way to handle this???  I don't want to DROP the columns just clear
> out ALL the data in those 3 fields...
>
> Thanks...Michelle

Re: Delete COLUMN data

От
smiley2211
Дата:
THANKS ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES...THIS WORKED JUST FINE.