Обсуждение: libpq.dll as part of PGDB module: access to PostgreSQL from Python

libpq.dll as part of PGDB module: access to PostgreSQL from Python

От
ekzept
Дата:
the module PGDB which gives Python access to PostgreSql currently
wants for a copy of a properly located or proper libpq.dll library, on
Windows.

anyone know what the current story on this is?

thanks,

 -- jt

Re: libpq.dll as part of PGDB module: access to PostgreSQL from Python

От
Ryan Davis
Дата:
Python is looks for them on a path, and I'm a little fuzzy on which path it was looking in, so I just copied the postgres DLLs into site-packages.

I got this working by copying the following DLLs from C:\Program Files\pgAdmin III\1.6 to C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages:
  • comerr32.dll
  • krb5_32.dll
  • libiconv-2.dll
  • libintl-2.dll
  • libpq.dll
After that my pgdb working like a charm.

HTH,
Ryan Davis
Acceleration.net
Director of Programming Services
2831 NW 41st street, suite B
Gainesville, FL 32606

Office: 352-335-6500 x 124
Fax: 352-335-6506

              http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: libpq.dll as part of PGDB module: access to PostgreSQL from Python

От
ekzept
Дата:
Thanks, Ryan.  That worked.

Seems to me that either the doc needs to be better on this point, or
the installation should do this properly.

 - jt

On Aug 6, 9:47 am, r...@acceleration.net (Ryan Davis) wrote:
> Python is looks for them on a path, and I'm a little fuzzy on which path
> it was looking in, so I just copied the postgres DLLs into site-packages.
>
> I got this working by copying the following DLLs from C:\Program
> Files\pgAdmin III\1.6 to C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages:
>
>     * comerr32.dll
>     * krb5_32.dll
>     * libiconv-2.dll
>     * libintl-2.dll