Обсуждение: Syntax in postgresql.conf

Syntax in postgresql.conf

От
Johann Spies
Дата:
A comment in postgresql.conf on Debian says:

"
          # comma-separated list of addresses;
          # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all
"
But when I try

listen_addresses = '192.168.0.1', 'localhost'

I get

$sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.1 restart
 * Restarting PostgreSQL 8.1 database server
 * Error: Invalid line 53 in /etc/postgresql/8.1/main/postgresql.conf

 Why?

 Regards
 Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and he shall
      strengthen thine heart; wait, I say, on the LORD."
                                    Psalms 27:14

Re: Syntax in postgresql.conf

От
Phillip Smith
Дата:
I believe you would need it to be:
    listen_addresses = '192.168.0.1,localhost'

ie, Don't close the quotes between your CSV's

listen_addresses = '192.168.0.1', 'localhost'

I get

$sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.1 restart
 * Restarting PostgreSQL 8.1 database server
 * Error: Invalid line 53 in /etc/postgresql/8.1/main/postgresql.conf

 Why?

*******************Confidentiality and Privilege Notice*******************

The material contained in this message is privileged and confidential to the addressee. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message or responsible for delivery of the message to such person, you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy it and kindly notify the sender by reply email.

Information in this message that does not relate to the official business of Weatherbeeta must be treated as neither given nor endorsed by Weatherbeeta. Weatherbeeta, its employees, contractors or associates shall not be liable for direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from transmission of this message or any attachments

Re: Syntax in postgresql.conf

От
Johann Spies
Дата:
On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 09:05:37PM +1000, Phillip Smith wrote:
> I believe you would need it to be:
>     listen_addresses = '192.168.0.1,localhost'
>
> ie, Don't close the quotes between your CSV's

Thanks Phillip.  That did it.

Regards
Johann