Обсуждение: Tools for PostgreSQL stats monitoring?

Tools for PostgreSQL stats monitoring?

От
"Dawid Kuroczko"
Дата:
Having done a series of
  CREATE TEMP TABLE snap_user_idx AS SELECT * FROM pg_stat_user_indexes;
  SELECT t1.indexrelname,t1.idx_scan-t0.idx_scan as idx_scan,
t1.idx_tup_read-t0.idx_tup_read AS idx_tup_read,
t1.idx_tup_fetch-t0.idx_tup_fetch as idx_tup_fetch
  FROM pg_stat_user_indexes t1 JOIN snap_user_idx t0 USING (indexrelid)
  ORDER BY 4;

...it occured to me I'm probably reinventing the wheel.  There should already
be a utility which could present all those marvels hidden in 'pg_stat%' tables,
present them as nice graphs, highlight most used indexes, etc, etc.

Maybe one of you is already using such a thing and can direct me to it?

   Regards,
      Dawid

Re: Tools for PostgreSQL stats monitoring?

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 03:52:39PM +0200, Dawid Kuroczko wrote:
> There should already be a utility which could present all those
> marvels hidden in 'pg_stat%' tables, present them as nice graphs,
> highlight most used indexes, etc, etc.
>
> Maybe one of you is already using such a thing and can direct me to it?

For basic graphing needs I've used MRTG:

http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/

There's also cricket, cacti, NRG, etc.  Any decent network management
system should support custom scripts or plugins to monitor anything
you can measure.

--
Michael Fuhr