Обсуждение: Database replication.

Database replication.

От
"Dominik Żyła"
Дата:
Hi!
I need to make database synchronization. I know slone-i to deal with it, but I need real time replication, without any trigers with db structure setup. Can someone recommend me some alternative for slone-i? It can be some commercial stuff too.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Database replication.

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Dominik Żyła wrote:
> Hi!
> I need to make database synchronization. I know slone-i to deal with it,
> but I need real time replication, without any trigers with db structure
> setup. Can someone recommend me some alternative for slone-i? It can be
> some commercial stuff too.

Well if you want real-time, in which I assume you mean "sync" versus
"async" I suggest you look at a hardware based solution or other means.
There are no production sync based replication systems for PostgreSQL.

Joshua D. Drake

> Thanks a lot.

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Database replication.

От
"Rodrigo Campos"
Дата:
On 4/6/07, Dominik Żyła <dominik.zyla@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I need to make database synchronization. I know slone-i to deal with it, but
> I need real time replication, without any trigers with db structure setup.
> Can someone recommend me some alternative for slone-i? It can be some
> commercial stuff too.

You could use drbd and drbdlinks to achive this. Drbd it's like raid1
over tcp/ip, so if you put your "/var/lib/postgresql" into the drbd
partition, it would be replicated to the other machine, and so your
database.
Here is a howto[1] doing this, but test and tweak for permormance

[1] http://people.equars.com/2007/3/16/postgresql-drbdlinks-heartbeat-on-debian

> Thanks a lot.

Your are welcome, hope it was useful :)

Rodrigo