Обсуждение: postgres 8.2.3 transaction xid wraparound

postgres 8.2.3 transaction xid wraparound

От
"Sriram Dandapani"

I have been using postgres 8.1 for a while now with large databases (over 300-400G). The biggest issue I have faced is the routine vacuumdb command that takes care of the transaction id wraparound problem (I run this once a week on each postgres box and it takes about 24-48 hours depending on the load and size of databse).   (autovacuum just doesn’t work for me as I need to routinely shut down postgres briefly and restart)

I run the following command to determine when to kick of vacuuming..

Select datname,age(datfrozenxid) from pg_database

With 8.2.3….what is the query I need to run to check age of xid for wraparound purposes (I read from the docs that it is now maintained on a per-table basis..does this mean if I were to vacuum tables individually..i would not need to run a vacuumdb on the database cluster?)

Thanks

Sriram

pg_dump and pg_dumpall is hanging

От
"Karthikeyan Sundaram"
Дата:
Hi,

    I am using 8.1.0 for my production.   The pg_dumpall was working fine on
all these days.  Suddenly from yesterday, the pg_dumpall command fails.
Fails means, it hangs (no dump) is taking place.

    What may be the problem?

Regards
skarthi

Intro*Terms

Re: pg_dump and pg_dumpall is hanging

От
"Rajesh Kumar Mallah"
Дата:
have you used the verbose option by adding a couple of -v with
pg_dump or pg_dumpall ? try it it may give a hit

regds
mallah

On 3/7/07, Karthikeyan Sundaram <skarthi98@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I am using 8.1.0 for my production.   The pg_dumpall was working fine on
> all these days.  Suddenly from yesterday, the pg_dumpall command fails.
> Fails means, it hangs (no dump) is taking place.
>
>     What may be the problem?
>
> Regards
> skarthi

Re: pg_dump and pg_dumpall is hanging

От
"Glen W. Mabey"

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 08:14:38AM +0530, Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:
> have you used the verbose option by adding a couple of -v with
> pg_dump or pg_dumpall ? try it it may give a hit
>
> regds
> mallah
>
> On 3/7/07, Karthikeyan Sundaram <skarthi98@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >    I am using 8.1.0 for my production.   The pg_dumpall was working fine
> >    on
> >all these days.  Suddenly from yesterday, the pg_dumpall command fails.
> >Fails means, it hangs (no dump) is taking place.

I had what sounds like a similar problem and finally resolved it by
running "reindex index pg_class_relname_nsp_index".  The problem
appeared for me at the time I upgraded from 8.1.6 to 8.1.8 via Debian
testing.

Hope that helps,
Glen