Обсуждение: pg_hba.conf multiple auth_metods question

pg_hba.conf multiple auth_metods question

От
Gémes Géza
Дата:
Hi,

I have successfully deployed krb5 or pam (with pam_krb5) authentication
with my clients.
My question is: Can I use both in a failover fashion?
What I try to achieve: Users having kerberos tickets get authenticated
with the krb5 auth_metod, if they don't have the right ticket they get
prompted for their password, and get authenticated using pam.
The relevant part of my pg_hba.conf:
host    all         all         10.0.0.0/8          krb5
host    all         all         10.0.0.0/8          pam postgresql

What shall I change to have it working as expected. Currently only the
first line works (whatever I would put first).

Many thanks for your time and patience.

Geza

Re: pg_hba.conf multiple auth_metods question

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Gémes Géza wrote:
> I have successfully deployed krb5 or pam (with pam_krb5)
> authentication with my clients.
> My question is: Can I use both in a failover fashion?

Not in PostgreSQL, but you could probably hook Kerberos into PAM.

--
Peter Eisentraut