Обсуждение: Postgres and Firewall

Postgres and Firewall

От
"Chetan Parekh"

We have Postgress Database running on machine with ip address 192.168.0.1 on port no 5432.

We want to access this database from outside the firewall. Hence we need to open port no 5432 of 192.168.01 in firewall for outside users. But in firewall configuration we need to provide the type of call also like https, https, ect.

We have Swing based application that need to access database over internet.

Please guild me, what kind of call it will be from Swing based application to database

Re: Postgres and Firewall

От
"Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)"
Дата:
Chetan Parekh wrote:

> We have Postgress Database running on machine with ip address
> 192.168.0.1 on port no 5432.
>

> We want to access this database from outside the firewall. Hence we
> need to open port no 5432 of 192.168.01 in firewall for outside users.
> But in firewall configuration we need to provide the type of call also
> like https, https, ect.
>

> We have Swing based application that need to access database over
> internet.
>

> Please guild me, what kind of call it will be from Swing based
> application to database
>
> !DSPAM:37,45954a6a31941048546528!
It's a PostgreSQL client library using the PostgreSQL protocol that does
the talking.
You sound like you're using a fairly restrictive firewall, generally
allowing traffic from/to a certain IP and port number is all that is
required - is there a "generic TCP" option at all in your firewall?

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"