Обсуждение: Importing from excelinto PostgreSQL

Importing from excelinto PostgreSQL

От
"Negandhi, Nishith"
Дата:
I hv some data in excel which needs to be imported into PostgreSQL.
I am using PgAdmin III to access the PostgreSQL database
Can anyone pleease guide me in this .. ?? I am mew to PostgreSQL.

Thanks in advance

Re: Importing from excelinto PostgreSQL

Дата:
Negandhi, Nishith wrote:
> I hv some data in excel which needs to be imported into PostgreSQL.
> I am using PgAdmin III to access the PostgreSQL database
> Can anyone pleease guide me in this .. ?? I am mew to PostgreSQL.

Export from excell as comman-delimmited.  PostgreSQL can load that.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us

Re: Importing from excelinto PostgreSQL

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 12:17 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Negandhi, Nishith wrote:
> > I hv some data in excel which needs to be imported into PostgreSQL.
> > I am using PgAdmin III to access the PostgreSQL database
> > Can anyone pleease guide me in this .. ?? I am mew to PostgreSQL.
>
> Export from excell as comman-delimmited.  PostgreSQL can load that.

Or just use an ODBC connection from excel :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/