Обсуждение: Where in the source is the "database system identifier" generated?

Where in the source is the "database system identifier" generated?

От
Joshua Colson
Дата:
Can anyone point me to where in the source the database system
identifier is initially generated at? I've looked through initdb.c and I
cannot find it. I've also scoured various other parts of the source to
no avail. I may have more luck if I were an accomplished C programmer,
but alas, I am not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

--
Joshua Colson <joshua.colson@ination.com>
iNation, LLC

Re: Where in the source is the "database system identifier" generated?

Дата:
Joshua Colson <joshua.colson@ination.com> writes:
> Can anyone point me to where in the source the database system
> identifier is initially generated at?

In xlog.c I believe (probably in BootstrapXLog).  But it's not very
interesting, it's just a random number ...

            regards, tom lane