Обсуждение: Re: Where to Get Version of PostgreSQL Installation

Re: Where to Get Version of PostgreSQL Installation

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

PostgreSQL Log Messages

От
Lane Van Ingen
Дата:
We are running on Windows 2003, version 8.0.4.

Database is up and running, but we are noticing (usually, on a twice a week
basis) the following error message:

   Could not receive data from client: No connection could be made because
client machine actively refused it.

PostgreSQL Log Messages

От
Lane Van Ingen
Дата:
We are running on Windows 2003, version 8.0.4.

Database is up and running, but we are noticing (usually, on a twice a week
basis) the following error message:

   Could not receive data from client: No connection could be made because
client machine actively refused it.

Can anyone tell me what might be causing this?

Re: PostgreSQL Log Messages

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 12:50, Lane Van Ingen wrote:
> We are running on Windows 2003, version 8.0.4.
>
> Database is up and running, but we are noticing (usually, on a twice a week
> basis) the following error message:
>
>    Could not receive data from client: No connection could be made because
> client machine actively refused it.
>
> Can anyone tell me what might be causing this?

More than likely either a port scanner or some program that checks
postgresql for life is simply hitting the port and then dropping the
connection when it sees the answer.  For instance, if I telnet to my
pgsql server / port, I see this for a disconnect:

LOG:  incomplete startup packet

and this for typing in gobbledly gook:
LOG:  invalid length of startup packet