Обсуждение: how do I load a 8.0.8 database with unicode encoding into 8.1.4/utf8?

how do I load a 8.0.8 database with unicode encoding into 8.1.4/utf8?

От
Jessica Richard
Дата:
got an errro when loading a db from 8.0.8 with unicode to 8.1.4 server with UTF8 server:
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x92

thanks,
Jessica

Re: how do I load a 8.0.8 database with unicode encoding

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Jessica Richard wrote:

> got an errro when loading a db from 8.0.8 with unicode to 8.1.4 server with UTF8 server:
> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x92

See this info in the HISTORY file:

      * Some users are having problems loading UTF-8 data into 8.1.X. This
        is because previous versions allowed invalid UTF-8 byte sequences
        to be entered into the database, and this release properly accepts
        only valid UTF-8 sequences. One way to correct a dumpfile is to run
        the command "iconv -c -f UTF-8 -t UTF-8 -o cleanfile.sql
        dumpfile.sql". The -c option removes invalid character sequences. A
        diff of the two files will show the sequences that are invalid.
        "iconv" reads the entire input file into memory so it might be
        necessary to use split to break up the dump into multiple smaller
        files for processing.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/