Обсуждение: Move indexes

Move indexes

От
Alexander Burbello
Дата:
Hi,

I have one tablespace with all my objects.
I would like to separate indexes from other.

How can I select and move with SQL???

Thank you for your help.

Re: Move indexes

От
adey
Дата:
Drop the index and recreate it in the new tablespace.

On 11/13/06, Alexander Burbello <burbello3000@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
Hi,

I have one tablespace with all my objects.
I would like to separate indexes from other.

How can I select and move with SQL???

Thank you for your help.

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

Re: Move indexes

От
"Simon Riggs"
Дата:
On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 08:17 -0200, Alexander Burbello wrote:

> I have one tablespace with all my objects.
> I would like to separate indexes from other.
>
> How can I select and move with SQL???
>
> Thank you for your help.

ALTER INDEX name SET TABLESPACE tablespace_name

is the approved way and quicker than re-creating the indexes.

--
  Simon Riggs