Обсуждение: Question on partitioning

Question on partitioning

От
"Mark Steben"

Thanks to all who responded to my question on querying on cluster index names.

I have another question.  We are considering partitioning 2 or 3 of our larger tables.

Each has 12 million or more rows.  We want to partition on customer_id and build

Primary key indexes on each of the children partitions which inherit column characteristics

From the master table.  This would resolve any issues about queries on customer-id.

 My question is this:  How would I handle a query that queries

On another Non-partitioned column, say, ENTRY_DATE?  Could I design an index

On the master table that would reference ENTRY-DATE across partitions or will

I need to build indexes and queries on each partition?

Thank you for your time,

Mark Steben