Обсуждение: createlang on Mac OS X

createlang on Mac OS X

От
steven.cardinal@gmail.com
Дата:
I installed the PostgreSQL tools for Mac from the sourceforge site
(8.1.5). The server and client tools installed fine and the server is
running and accessible. However, it doesn't appear that the language
libraries got installed, as I can't install plpgsql. I get:

could not access file "$libdir/plpgsql": No such file or directory

Unfortunately the bug reporting system on the postgresqlformac site
isn't working. Has anyone here gotten the langauge libraries to install
for use by this package? Is there a way to build and install just those
files? I like the convenience of the binary installer from the
postgresqlformac folks - are there other projects that have a binary
installer for Mac - I really don't want to recompile everytime an
update comes out.

Thanks

Re: createlang on Mac OS X

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 08:35:54AM -0800, steven.cardinal@gmail.com wrote:
> I installed the PostgreSQL tools for Mac from the sourceforge site
> (8.1.5). The server and client tools installed fine and the server is
> running and accessible. However, it doesn't appear that the language
> libraries got installed, as I can't install plpgsql. I get:
>
> could not access file "$libdir/plpgsql": No such file or directory
>
> Unfortunately the bug reporting system on the postgresqlformac site
> isn't working. Has anyone here gotten the langauge libraries to install
> for use by this package? Is there a way to build and install just those
> files? I like the convenience of the binary installer from the
> postgresqlformac folks - are there other projects that have a binary
> installer for Mac - I really don't want to recompile everytime an
> update comes out.

I haven't looked at the postgresqlformac stuff (you might try emailing
them...), but you might want to look at using http://macports.org. They
have a number of PostgreSQL ports, and they build plpgsql.