Обсуждение: Combining output of several fields in SQL query

Combining output of several fields in SQL query

От
Allan Kamau
Дата:
Hi all,
This is a plain simple sql question appologies for
posting it here.

Am looking for a way of combining values from several
fields(and introducting value separators).

select field2+"_"+field1 from tableA;

I've tried
select field2||'_'||field1 from tableA;
I get "1" as the result(which is not what I want).

Allan.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Combining output of several fields in SQL query

От
"Aaron Bono"
Дата:
This is a plain simple sql question appologies for
posting it here.

Am looking for a way of combining values from several
fields(and introducting value separators).

select field2+"_"+field1 from tableA;

I've tried
select field2||'_'||field1 from tableA;
I get "1" as the result(which is not what I want).

What does tableA look like (DDL and the data)?

   Aaron Bono
   Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.
   http://www.aranya.com
   http://codeelixir.com

Re: Combining output of several fields in SQL query

От
Allan Kamau
Дата:
create table tableA(
s_l_p_p_v_i text not null,
field1 text not null,
field2 text not null,
primary key(field1,field2));

s_l_p_p_v_i field1 field1
abc         2      1
xyz         2      4
klm         2      3

--- Aaron Bono <postgresql@aranya.com> wrote:

> On 9/12/06, Allan Kamau <kamauallan@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > This is a plain simple sql question appologies for
> > posting it here.
> >
> > Am looking for a way of combining values from
> several
> > fields(and introducting value separators).
> >
> > select field2+"_"+field1 from tableA;
> >
> > I've tried
> > select field2||'_'||field1 from tableA;
> > I get "1" as the result(which is not what I want).
>

> What does tableA look like (DDL and the data)?

>    Aaron Bono
>    Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.
>    http://www.aranya.com
>    http://codeelixir.com

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Combining output of several fields in SQL query

От
"Aaron Bono"
Дата: