Обсуждение: DB Synchronization.

DB Synchronization.

От
nilesh khode

Hello All,

I am having Postgresql 8 installed on 2 RH Linux box.
I am keeping one server in stand-by mode. If one server is failed for any reason, the DB should be serving from another server.

I am having one question about the synchronization.
How to keep another server in updated mode?
It should takes an updated db from first server and restore it on another server.

Please help me out.

Regards,
Nilesh

Re: DB Synchronization.

От
"Shoaib Mir"
Дата:
You can use Slony (http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/projdisplay.php) for replication (data synchronization) and it also does offer the failover (not automatic) feature as well.

You can also have a combination of Linux HA + Slony for high availablity.

--
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)