Обсуждение: 7.4 PG_CLOG problems

7.4 PG_CLOG problems

От
Pallav Kalva
Дата:
Hi,

    Does anybody know what this means ?  "LOG:  removing file
"/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0000",

    There were whole bunch of files got removed  from the  pg_clog
directory.      I saw this on my postgres 7.4 log while doing a vacuum
on a database last night, this database was never vacuumed before for
past one year.  The reason we didnt do any vacuum's before on this
because it was used only for SELECTS.

     Is this a problem something to worry about ?  my database seems to
working fine , I could run all my queries and everything seems to be fine.

Thanks!
Pallav.

Re: 7.4 PG_CLOG problems

Дата:
Pallav Kalva <pkalva@livedatagroup.com> writes:
>     Does anybody know what this means ?  "LOG:  removing file
> "/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0000",

Routine maintenance; don't worry about it.

            regards, tom lane

Re: 7.4 PG_CLOG problems

От
Pallav Kalva
Дата:
Hi Tom,

    Thanks! for the reply, I just realized that yesterday by mistake the
vacuum script also included "template0" database and it vacuumed that
one too.

    Would that cause any problems ?

Pallav.