Обсуждение: localization problem

localization problem

От
"j n"
Дата:
Hellou,

can any1 point me to some tutorial what is needed to run localization support ...
my problem is when i use order. Whole order is mismatch ...

I have a debian linux with postgres 8.1.3 installed

while searching the net i found some steps but probably it's not enougth

at first locale -a output :
cs_CZ
cs_CZ.iso88592
cs_CZ.utf8
czech
en_US
en_US.iso88591
POSIX
sk_SK
sk_SK.iso88592
sk_SK.utf8
slovak

than creating data directory
initdb --locale=sk_SK.utf8 /usr/local/pgsql/dataSK

creating database :
createdb doctorko -U doctorko -E UTF8

SHOW LC_COLLATE give output sk_SK

so everythink look ok but order still not working ...

can any 1 help.
thanks

Re: localization problem

От
Peter Eisentraut
j n wrote:
> can any1 point me to some tutorial what is needed to run localization
> support ...

There isn't much to tutor about.  You pretty much have everything
figured out.

> than creating data directory
> initdb --locale=sk_SK.utf8 /usr/local/pgsql/dataSK
>
> creating database :
> createdb doctorko -U doctorko -E UTF8

This looks correct.

> SHOW LC_COLLATE give output sk_SK

If you initialized with locale sk_SK.utf8 but lc_collate shows sk_SK,
then something went wrong.

> so everythink look ok but order still not working ...

Check if the order is consistent with what you get with the "sort"
command from the shell.  If that doesn't help, show us the data.

--
Peter Eisentraut