Обсуждение: how to increase performance of Postgre

how to increase performance of Postgre

От
Javanesevn
Дата:
Hi all,

My project ( web application) is using Postgre 8.1 and PHP 4.x (ADO
library to access database). And I would like to increase perfomance, so
I changed configuration follow this:
shared_buffers = 16000(Default = 1000)
wal_buffers = 64(Default = 8)
But this setting is not strong effect. Please show me other way or your
idea to resolve my problem. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

-Javanesevn.

Re: how to increase performance of Postgre

От
"Shoaib Mir"
Дата:
Have a look at http://www.powerpostgresql.com/PerfList/ and change your settings accordingly.

Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB ( www.enterprisedb.com)

My project ( web application) is using Postgre 8.1 and PHP 4.x (ADO
library to access database). And I would like to increase perfomance, so
I changed configuration follow this:
shared_buffers = 16000(Default = 1000)
wal_buffers = 64(Default = 8)
But this setting is not strong effect. Please show me other way or your
idea to resolve my problem. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

-Javanesevn.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: how to increase performance of Postgre

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 01:44, Javanesevn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My project ( web application) is using Postgre 8.1 and PHP 4.x (ADO
> library to access database). And I would like to increase perfomance, so
> I changed configuration follow this:
> shared_buffers = 16000(Default = 1000)
> wal_buffers = 64(Default = 8)
> But this setting is not strong effect. Please show me other way or your
> idea to resolve my problem. Thanks a lot.

You need to subscribe to the pgsql-performance list, and once there,
post the queries that are running slow, and the output of running them
with

explain analyze YOUR QUERY GOES HERE

Not explain, explain analyze.

Generally, the more information you give the better.

Re: how to increase performance of Postgre

От
adey
Дата:
How much RAM do you have, and what is your SHMMAX set to?

My project ( web application) is using Postgre 8.1 and PHP 4.x (ADO
library to access database). And I would like to increase perfomance, so
I changed configuration follow this:
shared_buffers = 16000(Default = 1000)
wal_buffers = 64(Default = 8)
But this setting is not strong effect. Please show me other way or your
idea to resolve my problem. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

-Javanesevn.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: how to increase performance of Postgre

От
Javanesevn
Дата:
Hi,

Thanks for your check list. It's helpful with me.

-Javanesevn