Обсуждение: pgpool

pgpool

От
adey
Дата:
Please could someone give me an idea of what pgpool is, and where I can research it?
I have run a search on postgresql.org and found many references, but they don't explain what it is, and it doesn't appear in the documentation index of the v8.1 manuals.

Re: pgpool

От
"Guido Barosio"
Дата:
http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/

from the site:

"What is pgpool?

pgpool is a connection pool server for PostgreSQL. pgpool runs between
PostgreSQL's clients(front ends) and servers(back ends). A PostgreSQL
client can connect to pgpool as if it were a standard PostgreSQL
server..."

G.-

--
Guido Barosio
-----------------------

pg_dump error

От
manjula hettiarachchi
Дата:
Hello List

I am using postgresql 7.4.7 in a voip production
setup.
I have been using pg_dump -Fc for regular backing up.
Since yesterday i am getting the following error for
the command:

root# pg_dump -h 'localhost' voipdb -t voipcall -Fc -f
voipcall.bak

The error is :

pg_dump: ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size
4294967293
pg_dump: SQL command to dump the contents of table
"voipcall" failed: PQendcopy() failed.
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  invalid
memory alloc request size 4294967293
pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.voipcall (id,
accountid, .........., prefix) TO stdout;

However when i tried to Vacuum analyze the same table
its fine and no errors. Also the SQL access to the
same table runs fine without any errors.

Only the pg_dump is failing for this particular table.

Can anyone suggest a method to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Manjula

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: pg_dump error

От
Dilipkumar
Дата:
Hi,

If you are trying to take a table dump try using this

pd_dump databasename -t tablename

if you are taking in the same server done mention as localhost just
switch user as postgress and give the above command mentioned.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Dilipkumar

********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin@sifycorp.com

Watch India vs. England LIVE, Hot videos and more only on Sify Max! Click Here. www.sifymax.com

Get to see what's happening in your favourite City on Bangalore Live! www.bangalorelive.in

Re: pgpool

От
Christopher Browne
Дата:
After a long battle with technology, adey11@gmail.com (adey), an earthling, wrote:
> Please could someone give me an idea of what pgpool is, and where I can research it?
>
> I have run a search on postgresql.org and found many references, but
> they don't explain what it is, and it doesn't appear in the
> documentation index of the v8.1 manuals.

It's not officially part of the database, so no, it's not in the
database documentation.

<http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/>

It's a connection pool server implemented in C...  The notion is that
you run your database on (say) port 5432, and then put pgpool in
between, on port 4432.

pgpool opens up some fixed number of connections to the database,
keeping them open, and your application connects to port 4432, as if
it were a direct connection to the database.

pgpool then manages the connections, basically keeping them open
irrespective of how your application handles connections.

This can be a big help to performance if your application is pretty
loose about opening and closing connections whenever it likes.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/lsf.html