Обсуждение: Problem Setting DateStyle

Problem Setting DateStyle

От
"Andy"
Дата:
I want to have the DD/MM/YYYY date format in my database without to specify it with:
SET DateStyle='SQL, DMY' at every query.

I tried to modify it in postgres.conf >>> datestyle = 'European' or datestyle = 'SQL, DMY'
and I tried to make
alter database test5 SET DateStyle='SQL, DMY';

.... none of these worked.

If I run in a session
SET DateStyle='SQL, DMY'
then it is ok for that session.

How can I make it default for the whole system or at least for some databases?

OS: Suse 10, pgsql 8.0.3.

Regards,

Andy.

Re: Problem Setting DateStyle

Дата:
"Andy" <frum@ar-sd.net> writes:
> I tried to modify it in postgres.conf >>> datestyle = 'European' or
> datestyle = 'SQL, DMY'
> and I tried to make
> alter database test5 SET DateStyle='SQL, DMY';

> .... none of these worked.

They work for me.  Perhaps you should show us exactly what you did and
what happened.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Problem Setting DateStyle

От
"Andy"
Steps:
1.
show datestyle
      DateStyle
      ISO, DMY

2.
set datestyle to 'SQL, DMY';
show datestyle;
      DateStyle
      SQL, DMY

Now the tries:
Edit the postgresql.conf. Set datestyle = 'SQL, DMY' parameter. Restart the
DB server.
show datestyle
      DateStyle
      ISO, DMY

... there is no change.

the other try:
alter database test2 set datestyle to 'SQL, DMY';
SQL executed.
show datestyle
      DateStyle
      ISO, DMY

the same...

Am I missing something??? If I set
set datestyle to 'SQL, DMY' in a connection session then it works well for
that session.

I need this type of format:
      auftragsdatum
      27/06/2005
      27/06/2005
      27/06/2005
      27/06/2005
      27/06/2005
      27/06/2005
      21/11/2005
      09/12/2005
      07/07/2005
      29/06/2005

I don't know what am I missing in the configuration.
I attach the postgres.conf.

Best regards,
Andy.

>> I tried to modify it in postgres.conf >>> datestyle = 'European' or
>> datestyle = 'SQL, DMY'
>> and I tried to make
>> alter database test5 SET DateStyle='SQL, DMY';
>
>> .... none of these worked.
>
> They work for me.  Perhaps you should show us exactly what you did and
> what happened.
>
> regards, tom lane

Вложения

Re: Problem Setting DateStyle

От
Alvaro Herrera
Andy wrote:

> Now the tries:
> Edit the postgresql.conf. Set datestyle = 'SQL, DMY' parameter. Restart the
> DB server.
> show datestyle
>      DateStyle
>      ISO, DMY

Perhaps you edited the wrong postgresql.conf file, or restarted the
wrong server, or forgot to uncomment the line.

Re: Problem Setting DateStyle

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 10:15, Andy wrote:
> Steps:
> 1.
> show datestyle
>       DateStyle
>       ISO, DMY
>

> 2.
> set datestyle to 'SQL, DMY';
> show datestyle;
>       DateStyle
>       SQL, DMY

> Now the tries:
> Edit the postgresql.conf. Set datestyle = 'SQL, DMY' parameter. Restart the
> DB server.
> show datestyle
>       DateStyle
>       ISO, DMY
>
> ... there is no change.
>
> the other try:
> alter database test2 set datestyle to 'SQL, DMY';
> SQL executed.
> show datestyle
>       DateStyle
>       ISO, DMY
>

> the same...

Have you set a date style for this particular database (not the cluster)
with an alter database statement before?

I'd try to alter the database to have a certain datestyle and see if
that helps.

Re: Problem Setting DateStyle

От
"Aaron Bono"
Дата:
Also, and I know this sounds stupid, you may check to see if the database really restarted.  I recently got a new server and for some reason when I use the restart script found in /etc/init.d/postgres it doesn't actually restart the server (the shutdown fails) but when I go to the control panel installed by my ISP it restarts wonderfully.  I saw what was happening when I looked at the date the postgres process started.

-Aaron

On 6/26/06, Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 10:15, Andy wrote:
> Steps:
> 1.
> show datestyle
>       DateStyle
>       ISO, DMY
>

> 2.
> set datestyle to 'SQL, DMY';
> show datestyle;
>       DateStyle
>       SQL, DMY

> Now the tries:
> Edit the postgresql.conf. Set datestyle = 'SQL, DMY' parameter. Restart the
> DB server.
> show datestyle
>       DateStyle
>       ISO, DMY
>
> ... there is no change.
>
> the other try:
> alter database test2 set datestyle to 'SQL, DMY';
> SQL executed.
> show datestyle
>       DateStyle
>       ISO, DMY
>

> the same...

Have you set a date style for this particular database (not the cluster)
with an alter database statement before?

I'd try to alter the database to have a certain datestyle and see if
that helps.

Re: [SOLVED] Problem Setting DateStyle

От
"Andy"
Дата:
Ups, sorry folks,

I use pgadmin3 for database access and it seems that it executes SET DateStyle=ISO; every time it connects.
Same with phppgadmin4. If i connect with psql then it works fine.

Anyway good to know.

Best regards,
Andy.