Обсуждение: growth of a postgresql database

growth of a postgresql database

От
Pierre LEBRECH
Дата:
Hello,

How can we see/calculate the growth of a postgresql database? Is there any tool in postgresql to see the
growth (or size) of one database? If yes, beginning with which release?

Thank you

Re: growth of a postgresql database

От
"mcelroy, tim"

The contrib/dbsize module will accomplish what you want.  I use release 8.0.1 and it works for me.

It provides the size of the DB, you could cron a job to take readings at various times and calculate the growth that way.

Tim

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

Re: growth of a postgresql database

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 12:43:59PM -0400, mcelroy, tim wrote:
> The contrib/dbsize module will accomplish what you want.  I use release
> 8.0.1 and it works for me.
>
> It provides the size of the DB, you could cron a job to take readings at
> various times and calculate the growth that way.

If you're on 8.1.x, see also \df pg_*size*