Обсуждение: Authentication troubleshooting using psql

Authentication troubleshooting using psql

От
Tahir Tamba
Дата:
Hi Guys,

I install Postgres 8.1.3 on WinXP Pro OS using msi.exe. Using Postgres with PGAdmin III, everything works well. But
whenI'm trying to use the psql terminal interface to connect into my database  psql ask me to enter my password and
whentrying to enter my password, nothing happens from my keyboard.
Exemple : postgres=# \connectdb postgres
Password for postgres user: unable to type my password cursor doesn't work
And when I press Enter tab I get the following error:
"FATAL: password authentication failed for user  Postgres

who can help me to solve this
Thank

Tahir Tamba

Вложения

Re: Authentication troubleshooting using psql

От
"Shoaib Mir"
Дата:
Try using

\c dbname

and if you want to get rid of the asking password thing you can change your authentication method from 'md5' to 'trust' in your pg_hba.conf file and then reload the settings using "pg_ctl reload"

/Shoaib

I install Postgres 8.1.3 on WinXP Pro OS using msi.exe. Using Postgres with PGAdmin III, everything works well. But when I'm trying to use the psql terminal interface to connect into my database  psql ask me to enter my password and when trying to enter my password, nothing happens from my keyboard.
Exemple : postgres=# \connectdb postgres
Password for postgres user: unable to type my password cursor doesn't work
And when I press Enter tab I get the following error:
"FATAL: password authentication failed for user  Postgres

who can help me to solve this
Thank

Tahir Tamba

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Authentication troubleshooting using psql

Дата:
Tahir Tamba wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I install Postgres 8.1.3 on WinXP Pro OS using msi.exe. Using Postgres with PGAdmin III, everything works well. But
whenI'm trying to use the psql terminal interface to connect into my database  psql ask me to enter my password and
whentrying to enter my password, nothing happens from my keyboard.
> Exemple : postgres=# \connectdb postgres
> Password for postgres user: unable to type my password cursor doesn't work
> And when I press Enter tab I get the following error:
> "FATAL: password authentication failed for user  Postgres

We did fix some prompting problems on Win32 in 8.1.4 (it was released
today).  Please try that and let us know.  Thanks.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us