Обсуждение: pg_restore index/trigger restoration issue

pg_restore index/trigger restoration issue

От
"David Levy"
Дата:
Hi,

I am having troubles using pg_restore : none of my indexes are restored !
It did not see any relevant message in the pg_restore output to explain this behaviour.

So I am trying to restore a pg_dump (version8.1 ) sql dump file from a remote 8.0.3 DB into a local 8.1 DB using pg_restore (version 8.1).
Is there something incompatible ?
The dump file seems to be correct regarding index creation statements... I really don't understand what is happening.

As the title mentions, I have the same issue with triggers : none of my triggers are restored neither ! Is there any option in pg_dump or pg_restore to handle this ?

Regards

Thanks in advance
David LEVY

Re: pg_restore index/trigger restoration issue

От
Jerry Sievers
Дата:
"David Levy" <dvid.levy@gmail.com> writes:

> So I am trying to restore a pg_dump (version8.1 ) sql dump file from
> a remote 8.0.3 DB into a local 8.1 DB using pg_restore (version
> 8.1). Is there something incompatible The dump file seems to be
> correct regarding index creation statements I really don't
> understand what is happening As the title mentions, I have the same
> issue with triggers : none of my triggers are restored neither ! Is
> there any option in pg_dump or pg_restore to handle this

Any chance your psql had the \t (show only tuples) option set?  This
prevents seeing indexes and trigs in the table schema listing.

As for what opts pg_dump and pg_restore offer, see the manual.

Jerry Sievers   305 854-3001 (home)     WWW ECommerce Consultant
                305 321-1144 (mobile    http://www.JerrySievers.com/

Re: pg_restore index/trigger restoration issue

От
"David Levy"
Дата:
I am using pgAdmin and phpPgAdmin with the same results (no triggers, no indexes).

Thanks but the docs were not helpful yet. I've been trying to solve the issue many times in the past few monthes before posting to the list today.
:(

--
David LEVY {selenium}
Website ~ http://www.davidlevy.org