Обсуждение: How to turn off autovacuum

How to turn off autovacuum

От
"Chris Hoover"
Дата:
Question, if I turn on autovacuum in PG 8.1, how do I turn it off?

The reason behind this question is that we would love to turn it on and try it in our production systems.  However, if we find that it is causing to much i/o load, we need to be able to turn it off on a moments notice with out stopping the database.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: How to turn off autovacuum

Дата:
"Chris Hoover" <revoohc@gmail.com> writes:
> Question, if I turn on autovacuum in PG 8.1, how do I turn it off?

> The reason behind this question is that we would love to turn it on and try
> it in our production systems.  However, if we find that it is causing to
> much i/o load, we need to be able to turn it off on a moments notice with
> out stopping the database.

Not a problem, you can change the autovacuum parameters with just a
SIGHUP to the postmaster, no need to restart anything.

If you really mean you want to kill it NOW, rather than letting the
current autovac pass finish out, I think a SIGINT to the autovac
process will take care of it.

            regards, tom lane