Обсуждение: how to create new user

how to create new user

От
Mohamed Fazil
Дата:
Hello all,

I am trying to install PG through a program for which i need to create a user on Windows programmatically. As I understand the Postgres installer does a similar thing. Can someone help me with the commands/exe that can be used on Windows 2k,XP,2003.

Regards
Mohamed Fazil

Mohamed Fazil.P.A
CRISIL
Mumbai

Mob : 9869520774

Yahoo! Mail

Re: how to create new user

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to install PG through a program for which i need
> to create a user on Windows programmatically. As I understand
> the Postgres installer does a similar thing. Can someone help
> me with the commands/exe that can be used on Windows 2k,XP,2003.

If you want to create a user from the commandline, try "net user /help".
If you want to create it from a C program, look at the source to
pginstaller, available on pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller.

//Magnus