Обсуждение: WARNING: foreign key constraint will require costly sequential scans during pg_restore

WARNING: foreign key constraint will require costly sequential scans during pg_restore

От
CG
Hey Tom: Thanks for the fix for allowing a the restore of dumps that have
cross-schema references to custom operators or operator classes. It did the
trick!

I have another non-critical issue which may or may not be related...

pg_restore: WARNING:  foreign key constraint "luuid_fkey" will require costly
sequential scans
DETAIL:  Key columns "luuid" and "luuid" are of different types:
public.uniqueidentifier and public.uniqueidentifier.

First, this occurrs during a pg_restore, so the database hasn't been
analyzed... Second, the warning doesn't block the FK from being created. I also
doubt that with the proper indexes that it would create costly sequential
scans, but it's hard to tell, since there's a ton of things going on during
inserts to that table only one of which is FK constraint checking.

So, my real question is should I ignore the warning, or is it an indicator of a
problem?

CG

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: WARNING: foreign key constraint will require costly sequential scans during pg_restore

Дата:
CG <cgg007@yahoo.com> writes:
> pg_restore: WARNING:  foreign key constraint "luuid_fkey" will require costly
> sequential scans
> DETAIL:  Key columns "luuid" and "luuid" are of different types:
> public.uniqueidentifier and public.uniqueidentifier.

That seems a bit odd.  Would you provide a test case?

            regards, tom lane