Обсуждение: Help

Help

От
Enzo Daddario
Дата:
Hi All,

I have just installed postgres 8.1.2 (upgrading from 7.4.2) and upon
commencement of populating DBs with data dumped using pg_dumpall(7.4.2)
I receive the following error:

DELETE FROM pg_shadow WHERE usesysid <> (SELECT datdba FROM pg_database
WHERE datname = 'template0');
ERROR:  cannot delete from a view
HINT:  You need an unconditional ON DELETE DO INSTEAD rule.
DELETE FROM pg_group;
ERROR:  cannot delete from a view
HINT:  You need an unconditional ON DELETE DO INSTEAD rule.

The DBs were created etc and everything seems to be progressing as
expected.

Are the above errors critical or of any major concern or can they be
ignored???

Thanks ENZO...

Re: Help

Дата:
Enzo Daddario <enzo@pienetworks.com> writes:
> I have just installed postgres 8.1.2 (upgrading from 7.4.2) and upon
> commencement of populating DBs with data dumped using pg_dumpall(7.4.2)
> I receive the following error:

> DELETE FROM pg_shadow WHERE usesysid <> (SELECT datdba FROM pg_database
> WHERE datname = 'template0');
> ERROR:  cannot delete from a view
> HINT:  You need an unconditional ON DELETE DO INSTEAD rule.
> DELETE FROM pg_group;
> ERROR:  cannot delete from a view
> HINT:  You need an unconditional ON DELETE DO INSTEAD rule.

These are to be expected if you try to restore a dump made with an old
version of pg_dumpall.  If you don't see any other problems, just ignore
'em.

BTW, it's usually best to try to make the dump with the newer version of
pg_dump/pg_dumpall.  This can be a pain in the neck though if you are
using a packaging system that wants to update all the PG executables at
the same time :-(

            regards, tom lane