Обсуждение: Missing Databases

Missing Databases

От
"Frank L. Parks"
Дата:
I need some help in finding my missing databases.

I did as pg_dumpall of 8.x and then updated to 8.1.2 and reloaded my
databases using psql -U postgres template1 < dumpfile.

I can see each one in psql -U xxxxx dbname and I can do a \dt to display
the tables on the server.  When I try to connect any other way
(webmin/pgadmin/application) it can't find any dbs.  Can anyone please
point me in a direction to find the problem?

Thanks,

Frank

Re: Missing Databases

Дата:
"Frank L. Parks" <fparks@ezbizpartner.com> writes:
> I can see each one in psql -U xxxxx dbname and I can do a \dt to display
> the tables on the server.  When I try to connect any other way
> (webmin/pgadmin/application) it can't find any dbs.  Can anyone please
> point me in a direction to find the problem?

You sure those "other ways" are connecting to the same postmaster?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Missing Databases

От
"Frank L. Parks"
Tom:

Tom Lane wrote:

>"Frank L. Parks" <fparks@ezbizpartner.com> writes:
>

>>I can see each one in psql -U xxxxx dbname and I can do a \dt to display
>>the tables on the server.  When I try to connect any other way
>>(webmin/pgadmin/application) it can't find any dbs.  Can anyone please
>>point me in a direction to find the problem?
>>

>You sure those "other ways" are connecting to the same postmaster?
>
>            regards, tom lane

>TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Ok thanks - too many hours and not enough sleep. It was a "veesion"
problem as my old math teacher would say.  It helps to comment out the
listen to address parameter - duh!

#listen_addresses = '*'        # what IP address(es) to listen on;

Thanks for the prompt wake up call - all is right!

Frank