Обсуждение: Setting Server Priority on Win32 Server

Setting Server Priority on Win32 Server

От
"Alex Shepherd"
Дата:
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is a way to specify the priority that the PostgreSQL
server runs at on a Windows 2003 server as I want to raise the server
priority 1 notch to be above some other processes running on that machine?

Cheers

Alex Shepherd

Re: Setting Server Priority on Win32 Server

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just wondering if there is a way to specify the priority that
> the PostgreSQL server runs at on a Windows 2003 server as I
> want to raise the server priority 1 notch to be above some
> other processes running on that machine?

No, there isn't. You can change the priority "from the outside" on the
postmaster process, and it should inherit to newly created backends, but
there's no way in postgresql itself.

I think it'd be ok to increase the priority, but beware that
*decreasing* the priority probably won't do what you expect (see list
archives for previous discussions).

//Magnus