Обсуждение: Standby database & RAC concept in PostgresQL

Standby database & RAC concept in PostgresQL

От
"Murugan G"

Hello,
Can I know whether Oracle's Standby database & RAC concepts available in PostgresQL

Thanks and regards,
G.Murugan,
Sr. Software Engineer.

Extn. 1658
Sobha Renaissance Information Technology Private Limited
An SEI-CMM & P-CMM Level 5 Company
World's 1st SSE-CMM Level 5 Company
BS 7799 certified by British Standards Institute
ISO 9001:2000 Certified by TÜV Rheinland/Berlin-Brandenburg
A Six Sigma Practice Company
Tel: + 91 80 51951999; Fax: + 91 80 51523300; Video Conference: + 91 80 51252222
Email : murugan.g
@renaissance-it.com; Web: www.renaissance-it.com
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies from any computer.

Re: Standby database & RAC concept in PostgresQL

От
Bradley Kieser
Дата:
They are not, no.

Murugan G wrote:

> Hello,
> Can I know whether Oracle's Standby database & RAC concepts available
> in PostgresQL
>
> Thanks and regards,
> G.Murugan,
> Sr. Software Engineer.
> Extn. 1658
> Sobha Renaissance Information Technology Private Limited
> An SEI-CMM & P-CMM Level 5 Company
> World's 1^st SSE-CMM Level 5 Company
> BS 7799 certified by British Standards Institute
> ISO 9001:2000 Certified by TÜV Rheinland/Berlin-Brandenburg
> A Six Sigma Practice Company
> Tel: + 91 80 51951999; Fax: + 91 80 51523300; Video Conference: + 91
> 80 51252222
> Email : murugan.g@renaissance-it.com; Web:_ www.renaissance-it.com_
> to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
> privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
> other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
> information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
> is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the
> sender and delete all copies from any computer.

Re: Standby database & RAC concept in PostgresQL

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 13:29 +0530, Murugan G wrote:

> Can I know whether Oracle's Standby database & RAC concepts available
> in PostgresQL

You can set up the equivalent of Oracle Standby if you wish, using PITR.
Other methods of Replication for resilience are possible, such as Slony.

pgcluster implements something similar to Oracle RAC, but I have not
seen a production installation of this, though this may exist in Japan?

pgpool can be used to load balance across multiple servers, if that was
your requirement for RAC.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs