Обсуждение: freezing a particular field in a table

freezing a particular field in a table

От
Ferindo Middleton Jr
Дата:
Is there a way where you can implement a situation in a postgres table
where a particular field cannot be changed when saved initially. I have
table and there's one particular integer field that should never be
changed in any record inserted... but I might need to allow the entire
record to be deleted... I was just wondering if there's a way to
implement something like this on a field (but not the entire row) at the
database level?

Ferindo Middleton

Re: freezing a particular field in a table

От
"Jason Minion"
Дата:
Perhaps a BEFORE UPDATE trigger, setting NEW.do_not_change_me =
OLD.do_not_change_me?

Jason Minion
IT Developer
Sigler Printing & Publishing
413 Northwestern Ave
Ames, IA 50010
515-232-6997
jason.minion@sigler.com

Is there a way where you can implement a situation in a postgres table
where a particular field cannot be changed when saved initially. I have
table and there's one particular integer field that should never be
changed in any record inserted... but I might need to allow the entire
record to be deleted... I was just wondering if there's a way to
implement something like this on a field (but not the entire row) at the
database level?

Ferindo Middleton

Re: freezing a particular field in a table

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата: