Обсуждение: Reg: sql commands

Reg: sql commands

От
"sandhya"
Дата:
Hi...
    Is there any equivalent sql commands/queries for
' \l '   (which list out all the databases) and
' \dt ' ( Which lists all the Tables of the current database)
If anybody knows Please tell me.Or If there is any way to get the info of databases and tables pls..Explain me
This is very much required for me to proceed further..

Thank you very much.......

-Sandhya

Re: Reg: sql commands

От
Stef
Дата:
psql -E

To see what that does :
man psql

sandhya mentioned :
=> Hi...
=>     Is there any equivalent sql commands/queries for
=> ' \l '   (which list out all the databases) and
=> ' \dt ' ( Which lists all the Tables of the current database)
=> If anybody knows Please tell me.Or If there is any way to get the info of databases and tables pls..Explain me
=> This is very much required for me to proceed further..
=>
=> Thank you very much.......
=>
=> -Sandhya

Re: Reg: sql commands

От
"sandhya"
Дата:
No...What i need is...
I want to know the equivalent sql queries for \l and \dt commands in order
to list the databases and tables.
I want to do it through programming

Thanks
Sandhya

> =>     Is there any equivalent sql commands/queries for
> => ' \l '   (which list out all the databases) and
> => ' \dt ' ( Which lists all the Tables of the current database)
> => If anybody knows Please tell me.Or If there is any way to get the info
of databases and tables pls..Explain me
> => This is very much required for me to proceed further..
> =>
> => Thank you very much.......
> =>
> => -Sandhya

Re: Reg: sql commands

От
Hannes Dorbath
Дата:
Start psql with -E option to see the statements used internally.

On 22.09.2005 11:47, sandhya wrote:
>     Is there any equivalent sql commands/queries for

Re: Reg: sql commands

От
"sandhya"
> Start psql with -E option to see the statements used internally.
>
> On 22.09.2005 11:47, sandhya wrote:
> >     Is there any equivalent sql commands/queries for

Re: Reg: sql commands

От
Stef
Дата:
sandhya mentioned :
=> No...What i need is...
=> I want to know the equivalent sql queries for \l and \dt commands in order
=> to list the databases and tables.
=> I want to do it through programming

From the psql man-page :
-E

--echo-hidden
       Echoes the actual queries generated by \d  and  other  backslash
       commands.  You can use this if you wish to include similar func-
       tionality into your own programs. This is equivalent to  setting
       the variable ECHO_HIDDEN from within psql.

If this is not _exactly_ what you need, then you're not exactly
explaining what you're trying to do :)