Обсуждение: Replication

Replication

От
vespadict
Дата:
Hello,

I need to replicate two databases in diferents servers . I'm reading
about some projects but i'm not sure what is the best option. I found
interesting dbmirror and pgcluster but I have doubts . Please , May you
help me ? .

Thanks

Re: Replication

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 03:35, vespadict wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to replicate two databases in diferents servers . I'm reading
> about some projects but i'm not sure what is the best option. I found
> interesting dbmirror and pgcluster but I have doubts . Please , May you
> help me ? .

Do you need automatic failover of some kind, async or sync replication,
one way or two way, etc...

My personal favorite two tools of late have been pgpool and slony.
dbmirror, if I remember correctly, has to be installed by modifying the
internals of postgresql, and I'm not sure how up to date it is.
Pgcluster seems to be a decent choice, but I've not played with it.

Re: Replication

От
the vespadict
Дата:
Hi ,

I want high Availability but I don't need load balance. I need sync
replication if is posible using two way.

Thak you.

2005/9/16, Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>:
> On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 03:35, vespadict wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to replicate two databases in diferents servers . I'm reading
> > about some projects but i'm not sure what is the best option. I found
> > interesting dbmirror and pgcluster but I have doubts . Please , May you
> > help me ? .
>
> Do you need automatic failover of some kind, async or sync replication,
> one way or two way, etc...
>
> My personal favorite two tools of late have been pgpool and slony.
> dbmirror, if I remember correctly, has to be installed by modifying the
> internals of postgresql, and I'm not sure how up to date it is.
> Pgcluster seems to be a decent choice, but I've not played with it.

Re: Replication

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 02:02, the vespadict wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I want high Availability but I don't need load balance. I need sync
> replication if is posible using two way.

If you need sync, then pgpool may be a good choice, or client side
replication like C-JDBC or something like that.

pgpool doesn't HAVE to do load balancing, it can do simple two way sync
replication if that's what you need.

Re: Replication

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
There's also pgcluster, but keep in mind that these are all
statement-level replication solutions which have some rather big
gotchas.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 03:24:31PM -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 02:02, the vespadict wrote:
> > Hi ,
> >
> > I want high Availability but I don't need load balance. I need sync
> > replication if is posible using two way.
>
> If you need sync, then pgpool may be a good choice, or client side
> replication like C-JDBC or something like that.
>
> pgpool doesn't HAVE to do load balancing, it can do simple two way sync
> replication if that's what you need.

Re: Replication

От
Craig Servin
Дата:
Are there any non-statement level solution?  Something that appends to the WAL
on the slave server?

On Tuesday 20 September 2005 12:28 pm, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> There's also pgcluster, but keep in mind that these are all
> statement-level replication solutions which have some rather big
> gotchas.
>
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 03:24:31PM -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 02:02, the vespadict wrote:
> > > Hi ,
> > >
> > > I want high Availability but I don't need load balance. I need sync
> > > replication if is posible using two way.
> >
> > If you need sync, then pgpool may be a good choice, or client side
> > replication like C-JDBC or something like that.
> >
> > pgpool doesn't HAVE to do load balancing, it can do simple two way sync
> > replication if that's what you need.

> > TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
> >        subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
> >        message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

Re: Replication

От
Aldor
Дата:
>Are there any non-statement level solution?  Something that appends to

the WAL

>> on the slave server?

For this kind of solution I'm also looking for a while - but in the
meantime you can also take a look at "slony" - it can do really many
things. Don't give up at the beginning, after you've understood how it
works you will like it  ;-)