Обсуждение: Server Time Setting

Server Time Setting

От
"Lane Van Ingen"
Дата:
I am baffled as to why some of the PostgreSQL functions (like now() ) are
returning
a time which is exactly an hour later than the server's actual system time.

I have checked PostgreSQL config parms by doing a SHOW ALL and search the
manual for
anything else that might be related, yet everything looks fine to me.

Does anybody know why this would be?

Re: Server Time Setting

От
"Lane Van Ingen"
Дата:
Forgot to mention, I am using version 8.0.1 on Windows 2003 ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Lane Van Ingen [mailto:lvaningen@esncc.com]
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 5:05 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Server Time Setting

I am baffled as to why some of the PostgreSQL functions (like now() ) are
returning
a time which is exactly an hour later than the server's actual system time.

I have checked PostgreSQL config parms by doing a SHOW ALL and search the
manual for
anything else that might be related, yet everything looks fine to me.

Does anybody know why this would be?

Re: Server Time Setting

Дата:
"Lane Van Ingen" <lvaningen@esncc.com> writes:
> I am baffled as to why some of the PostgreSQL functions (like now() ) are
> returning
> a time which is exactly an hour later than the server's actual system time.

I'd say you've got TimeZone set to something different than you think
you do.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Server Time Setting

От
"Lane Van Ingen"
>> I am baffled as to why some of the PostgreSQL functions (like now() ) are
>> returning
>> a time which is exactly an hour later than the server's actual system
time.

> I'd say you've got TimeZone set to something different than you think
> you do.
>            regards, tom lane

Before I asked this question yesterday, I had already checked SHOW ALL and
found only
two PostgreSQL config parameters that seemed to apply, and they were set
properly:
  australian_timezones  = no
  TimeZone              = US/Eastern
We are running 8.0.1, Windows 2003.

Since last message, checked 3 other servers, and found that I have the same
problem
on two out of three:
  Server #1: select now() agreed with Windows time on this one
  Server #2: select now() was exactly one hour greater than Windows time
where config
             parms were set the same as previous paragraph
  Server #3: select now() was exactly one hour greater than Windows time,
but config
             parm was set wrong: TimeZone = Europe/Dublin (don't know how
that happened
             but makes you wonder if TimeZone has anything to do with this
at all!)

Windows 2003 time was set correctly in all four cases.

  - two servers APPEAR to be set correctly, but time displayed from now() as
one hour
    greater than Windows time
  - one server is set incorrectly, but TimeZone did not appear to have any
effect on the
    time being displayed; now() just displayed time as one hour greater than
Windows time

Being as one server is 'doing it right', there must be some difference, but
so far I have
not found what is different.