Обсуждение: statistics not shown up

statistics not shown up

От
huaxin zhang
Дата:
I start postgres  using the -s  parameter to track the number of hits to buffer.

I also set both "stats_start_collector", "stats_block_level" to true
in /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf

However, I get  "(typeid = 700, len = 4, typmod = -1, byval = f)"  after
running each query. Apparently this is not manifesting buffer hit rate.
Something I did wrong?

pgfoundry administration

От
Guido Barosio
Дата:
Seems that the guys @ pgfoundry are in problems but they do use postgresql ;)

An error occured in the logger. ERROR: could not extend relation "activity_log": No space left on device HINT: Check free disk space.

:(

Re: statistics not shown up

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 08:00:21PM -0400, huaxin zhang wrote:
> I start postgres  using the -s  parameter to track the number of hits to buffer.

I assume you're running postgres in single-user mode since that's
where the -s option means "print statistics."  Is that what you're
doing?

> I also set both "stats_start_collector", "stats_block_level" to true
> in /usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf
>
> However, I get  "(typeid = 700, len = 4, typmod = -1, byval = f)"  after
> running each query. Apparently this is not manifesting buffer hit rate.

Try setting log_min_messages to debug1; that works for me in 8.0.3.

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: pgfoundry administration

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Nope, just moved the database server(s) to a faster server, and didn't
realize that I hadn't cleared out enough disk space before doing so :(
Already fixed, and 20+Gig of free space (and growing) to play with now)

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Guido Barosio wrote:

> Seems that the guys @ pgfoundry are in problems but they do use postgresql
> ;)
> An error occured in the logger. ERROR: could not extend relation
> "activity_log": No space left on device HINT: Check free disk space.
> :(

----

how to change index cluster ratio?

От
huaxin zhang
Дата:
I am using 8.0.3

One problem I found is that even if I specify to create a clustered index by
"cluster idx_name on table_name",  I still can not tell the optimizer that the
index of "idx_name" is a clustered index with "index correlation" value as 1.0
(traced from the cost_index() in costsize.c)

so where is the "index correlation" information stored and how can i update it?

thanks
Huaxin

Re: how to change index cluster ratio?

Дата:
huaxin zhang <uwcssa@gmail.com> writes:
> One problem I found is that even if I specify to create a clustered index by
> "cluster idx_name on table_name",  I still can not tell the optimizer that the
> index of "idx_name" is a clustered index with "index correlation" value as 1.0
> (traced from the cost_index() in costsize.c)

The next ANALYZE should figure that out.

            regards, tom lane