Обсуждение: some databases have not been vacuumed ...

some databases have not been vacuumed ...

От
FM
Дата:
Hello after a vacuum full analyse I received this  :
WARNING:  some databases have not been vacuumed in 1805294030 transactions
HINT:  Better vacuum them within 342189617 transactions, or you may have
a wraparound failure.

I read that it's because i do not vacuum DB very often.
Now I vacuum every night but the warning remains.
How can I get rid of this ?

Thanks !

Re: some databases have not been vacuumed ...

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
FM wrote:
> Hello after a vacuum full analyse I received this  :
> WARNING:  some databases have not been vacuumed in 1805294030 transactions
> HINT:  Better vacuum them within 342189617 transactions, or you may have
> a wraparound failure.
>
> I read that it's because i do not vacuum DB very often.
> Now I vacuum every night but the warning remains.
> How can I get rid of this ?

Run a vacuum full on all the database.

> Thanks !

Re: some databases have not been vacuumed ...

От
"Gregory S. Williamson"
Дата:
Did you vacuum the template1 database as well as whatever databases you have created ?

HTH,

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC

Hello after a vacuum full analyse I received this  :
WARNING:  some databases have not been vacuumed in 1805294030 transactions
HINT:  Better vacuum them within 342189617 transactions, or you may have
a wraparound failure.

I read that it's because i do not vacuum DB very often.
Now I vacuum every night but the warning remains.
How can I get rid of this ?

Thanks !

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

!DSPAM:42ee7af1176271374616439!

Re: some databases have not been vacuumed ...

От
FM
Дата:
I vacumm all DB ...except... postgres ones.

I"ll do a vacuum -all tonight

What is you vacuum strategy ?
vacuum everyday and vacuum full analyse ervery week ?

thanks !

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> FM wrote:
>
>> Hello after a vacuum full analyse I received this  :
>> WARNING:  some databases have not been vacuumed in 1805294030
>> transactions
>> HINT:  Better vacuum them within 342189617 transactions, or you may
>> have a wraparound failure.
>>
>> I read that it's because i do not vacuum DB very often.
>> Now I vacuum every night but the warning remains.
>> How can I get rid of this ?
>

> Run a vacuum full on all the database.
>

>> Thanks !

>> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>>
>>               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

Re: some databases have not been vacuumed ...

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
No.  Vacuum full should not be necessary on a properly configured
server.

See:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/maintenance.html

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 15:51, FM wrote:
> I vacumm all DB ...except... postgres ones.
>
> I"ll do a vacuum -all tonight
>
> What is you vacuum strategy ?
> vacuum everyday and vacuum full analyse ervery week ?
>
> thanks !
>

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > FM wrote:
> >
> >> Hello after a vacuum full analyse I received this  :
> >> WARNING:  some databases have not been vacuumed in 1805294030
> >> transactions
> >> HINT:  Better vacuum them within 342189617 transactions, or you may
> >> have a wraparound failure.
> >>
> >> I read that it's because i do not vacuum DB very often.
> >> Now I vacuum every night but the warning remains.
> >> How can I get rid of this ?
> >

> > Run a vacuum full on all the database.
> >

> >> Thanks !

> >> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
> >>
> >>               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: some databases have not been vacuumed ...

От
Christopher Browne