Обсуждение: Re: pg_dump -Fc does not dump indexes

Re: pg_dump -Fc does not dump indexes

От
Alberto
Дата:
Hi Tom,
thanks for answering so quickly!

The error occurs for me using pg_dump and pg_restore on postgres 8.0.3
running on RedHat ES4. But also occurs if I take the dump from the Linux
box and run restore on a winxp box with postgres 8.0.2.

I would definetely be willing to create a self contained test case but I
am not sure what that would be. I can create a dump file from a test
database, but that would be after using pg_dump so you could not check
that. Do you want me to create a database, shut it down and zip up the
database files? Which files would those be?

Is there a way for me to find out if the dump file created with -Fc does
contain information on the indexes?

Thanks,
Alberto

 >> I have tried to backup my postgres database with
 >>    pg_dump -Fc $db > ~/backups/$db.backup.c
 >> and restore it with:
 >>    createdb -U postgres -D aestel_admin -T template0 restoreTMP
 >>    pg_restore -d restoreTMP -U postgres $db.backup.c

 >> I do not get any error messages but none of my indexes are created.

 >Works for me ... can you create a self-contained test case?  What PG
 >version are you using, anyway (and are you sure the pg_dump and
 >pg_restore programs are of the same version)?
 >  regards, tom lane

Re: pg_dump -Fc does not dump indexes

Дата:
Alberto <nspmma@freenet.de> writes:
> I would definetely be willing to create a self contained test case but I
> am not sure what that would be. I can create a dump file from a test
> database, but that would be after using pg_dump so you could not check
> that. Do you want me to create a database, shut it down and zip up the
> database files? Which files would those be?

Well, basically I want to know how to create a database from which
pg_dump can't dump indexes ... can you reconstruct the sequence that got
you into this condition?

Also ... this is really grasping at straws, but do you have SELinux set
in enforcement mode in your RHEL4 system, and if so does changing it to
permissive mode make a difference?  We've seen a bunch of issues with
SELinux :-( --- this does not seem like any of them, but you never know.

> Is there a way for me to find out if the dump file created with -Fc does
> contain information on the indexes?

If "pg_restore -l" shows a lot of stuff but not the indexes (either as
indexes or as constraints) then I'd say that's sufficient evidence.

            regards, tom lane