Обсуждение: Starting postgres server second time using admin rights...

Starting postgres server second time using admin rights...

От
rohan rasane
Дата:
I have installed postgrest server.
When i start the server it works fine,but when i stop the server and
then restart the server,it gives me an message that admin  cannot
start the server.
Can anyone suggest me a solution

--
Regards
Rohan Rasane

Re: Starting postgres server second time using admin rights...

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Dienstag, 31. Mai 2005 10:43 schrieb rohan rasane:
> I have installed postgrest server.
> When i start the server it works fine,but when i stop the server and
> then restart the server,it gives me an message that admin  cannot
> start the server.
> Can anyone suggest me a solution

No, but you could make it much easier by posting your exact commands and the
exact screen output.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Starting postgres server second time using admin rights...

От
rohan rasane
Дата:
I have installed postgres server 8.0.
 When i start the server it works fine,but when i stop the server and
 then restart the server,it gives me an message that admin  cannot
 start the server.
I also attempted to start the server from net.exe in postgres
where i wrote
start pg-sql8.0

It gave me the following error

System error :1069
The service did not start due to the logon failure

--
Regards
Rohan Rasane

Question of Table Design and Foreign Keys

От
David Pratt
Дата:
I have a few tables that I want to join. My example is below.  What I
am trying to figure out is what is better to do for data integrity.  I
will be joining the samples table with the sample_attributes table to
obtain the attributes of a sample.  The attribute id will reference an
attribute in the attributes table.

When a person adds a record in samples, they may not want to add
attributes right away.  I will be setting up Foreign Key constraints
for sample_id and attribute_id in the sample attributesjoin. Question
is if a person does not want to add attributes to their sample record
right away there will be no reference to it in sample_attributesjoin.
Is that ok ? Or should use a trigger to always make at least one record
in sample_attributesjoin after a sample record is made and not place a
Foreign Key constraint on attribute_id in sample_attributesjoin so it
can be empty.

I guess I am wondering what is better.

Regards,
David

For example;

CREATE TABLE samples (
    id                              SERIAL,
    title                          TEXT NOT NULL,
    description_id       INTEGER,
    type_id                   INTEGER,
    language_id          INTEGER,
    notes_id                 INTEGER,
    created                  TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE NOT NULL DEFAULT
NOW(),
    modified                TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE
);

CREATE TABLE attributes (
    id                             SERIAL,
    attribute                  VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
    description             TEXT,
    created                   TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE NOT NULL DEFAULT
NOW(),
    modified                  TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE
);

CREATE TABLE sample_attributesjoin (
    id                              SERIAL,
    sample_id               INTEGER NOT NULL,
    attribute_id              INTEGER NOT NULL
);