Обсуждение: catastrophic error

catastrophic error

От
"Joel Fradkin"

I have been live for 4 days (vacuums run each night and backups done each night).

Today around 2:30 PM  EST my web app returned a catastrophic error.

Both web servers appeared to have the issue.

I could go on them and get data via pgadmin.

I could log on the server (IIS servers are win2k and pg is Redhat AS4 running 8.0.2) and see it was not using much memory or cpu.

Neither the web or database servers seemed stressed?

Any ideas what I should look at?

I re-booted the IIS servers and it did not fix the issue.

I rebooted the database server and the web servers are back to connecting.

Being new to postgres I am not sure what to look at for the cause and hopefully permanent fix to this.

Thanks in advance to any ideas (I did search the archive, but only saw a mention of pre 8 versions and oid numbering wraparound).

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243