Обсуждение: Cross platform compiling

Cross platform compiling

От
samngan@telus.net
Дата:
I was trying to compile a PostGreSQL 8.0.2 on Intel Linux for a PowerPC based
Linux.

Could you please let me know if 8.0.2 support PowerPC ? If it does, how do
I "configure" so it will build a binary to run on PowerPC_Linux ?

Thanks for any help.

Sam

Re: Cross platform compiling

Дата:
samngan@telus.net writes:
> Could you please let me know if 8.0.2 support PowerPC ?

Certainly.  However, we don't currently support cross compilation.
The configure script is likely to guess wrong about some things if
it can't run tests, and there's a bit of a problem with running
the "zic" timezone database compiler too.

            regards, tom lane