Обсуждение: lots of idle connections open by application

lots of idle connections open by application

От
Gourish Singbal
Дата:
Hi guys,

We have an application using db-conection pooling through resin 2.1
connecting to postgresql 7.4.5 database We have seen that after some
time many connections are kept open in idle state. Sometimes the
connections reach the max_connections = 100 and hence no more clients
can connect to the database.

Guys,  Whats a reasonable solution to this problem... ?

--
Best,
Gourish Singbal

Re: lots of idle connections open by application

От
lst_hoe01@kwsoft.de
Дата:
Zitat von Gourish Singbal <gourish@gmail.com>:

> Hi guys,
>
> We have an application using db-conection pooling through resin 2.1
> connecting to postgresql 7.4.5 database We have seen that after some
> time many connections are kept open in idle state. Sometimes the
> connections reach the max_connections = 100 and hence no more clients
> can connect to the database.
>
> Guys,  Whats a reasonable solution to this problem... ?

PgPool was suggested to me some time ago but i never tried it until now.

See http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/

Regards

Andreas