Обсуждение: field names

field names

От
Jodi Kanter
Дата:
I'd like to check field names for various tables in our code. Is there a system table that lists the field names of each table? ...some way to query this information to run an error check?
Thanks
Jodi Kanter
--

_______________________________
Jodi L Kanter

Re: field names

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 02:37:53PM -0400, Jodi Kanter wrote:
> I'd like to check field names for various tables in our code. Is there a
> system table that lists the field names of each table? ...some way to
> query this information to run an error check?

Yes, pg_attribute.  Or you could check the information_schema.  See the
docs on "system catalogs" in the Internals chapter.

"Escucha y olvidarás; ve y recordarás; haz y entenderás" (Confucio)

Re: field names

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 02:37:53PM -0400, Jodi Kanter wrote:

> I'd like to check field names for various tables in our code. Is there a
> system table that lists the field names of each table? ...some way to
> query this information to run an error check?

See the "System Catalogs" and "The Information Schema" chapters in
the documentation (the latter in 7.4 and later).

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/